Google

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Former Penang deputy CM slams The Star

(STAR) PENANG: Former deputy chief minister and state land development and land affairs committee chairman Datuk Abdul Rashid Abdullah claimed he was misquoted in the press, specifically The Star.
Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng had given him until April 28 to explain land matters related to the previous state administration.
“The state executive councillors have agreed to accept his challenge to us to reveal the details of land improprieties that do not effect legal proceedings, but we want to let him explain first.
“I want to stress here that it was he who challenged us to reveal the details and we are just responding to that," Lim said after chairing the state exco meeting.
On Tuesday, Lim had told a press conference that the state government wanted Abdul Rashid to explain why premium discounts were given to certain quarters and why state land was alienated to some big companies.
When contacted, an angry Abdul Rashid claimed he was misquoted in the press.
“The media is playing with words to sell newspapers. I did not challenge Lim to prove that he invited me. I challenged The Star because it was The Star that claimed I was invited.
“So now everybody wants me to respond. How can I when I don’t know anything? I don’t care about Lim’s deadline. Who is he to give me an ultimatum? So what? I did my work,” he said.
He said that if Lim wanted any clarifications, he could do so with the Land Office and relevant bodies.
“I worked with a secretariat and land committee. All the files are there for him to check. Why ask me? I am not a computer. I don’t remember everything. If I did something wrong, say so,” he said.

No comments:

Google