Google

Monday, April 14, 2008

Come celebrate our wedding anniversary



The Kelab Sultan Sulaiman was where the Malays held their first gathering which resulted in the ‘struggle’ for Merdeka and which finally saw the birth of this nation on 31st August 1957.

NO HOLD BARRED

Raja Petra Kamarudin

35 years ago today, Marina and I got married after meeting five years before that in 1968 when she was in form two and I form five. We now have five children and four grandchildren. Although we do not plan to have any more children, we do hope and pray that we shall see at least a dozen or more grandchildren before we go to meet our Maker.

Tonight, we shall be celebrating our 35th Wedding Anniversary, plus of course the 40th Anniversary of God ‘throwing’ us both together.

I have decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary at the Kelab Sultan Sulaiman in Kampong Baru, Kuala Lumpur. The reason I have chosen this venue is not only because that club is owned by the Selangor State Government (which means I will not face any hassle in obtaining permission to use the club -- although if they do hassle me then I will abuse my ‘privileges’ and get the palace to hassle them back), but also for sentimental reasons.

You see, the Kelab Sultan Sulaiman was where the Malays held their first gathering which resulted in the ‘struggle’ for Merdeka and which finally saw the birth of this nation on 31st August 1957. It was at this club that this nation called Malaysia, which we love so much, was mooted and finally saw life.

Therefore, celebrating our wedding anniversary there will not only be about the 35 years of happiness that Marina and I enjoyed as husband and wife, but also about what may have never happened if Malaya had then taken another route from the one it did whereby our paths would certainly have never crossed.

I invite all Malaysians to join Marina and me in celebrating our wedding anniversary tonight. Please come and share our joy.

Oh, by the way, I heard that the Selangor ruling party (which is temporarily the opposition in Parliament) is holding a ‘Black 14’ celebration there as well. I am not too sure about the status of that gathering and whether it has the necessary approval from the police. Anyway, just in case, please stay away from that gathering but please do come to Marina’s and my 35th Wedding Anniversary.

The image “http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/705/picture1zu9.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

No comments:

Google